HAPPY KRISHNA JANMASHTAMI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi extended his greetings to the people on the occasion of Janmashtami today, Friday, August 19. “My warm greetings to all compatriots on the auspicious occasion of Janmashtami. May this festival of devotion and cheerfulness bring happiness, prosperity and good fortune to everyone’s life. Jai Shri Krishna,” Prime Minister Modi tweeted in Hindi.
सभी देशवासियों को जन्माष्टमी के पावन-पुनीत अवसर पर शुभकामनाएं।। भक्ति और उल्लास का यह उत्सव हर किसी के जीवन सुख सुख, समृद्धि और सौभाग्य आए।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।।। जय श्रीकृष्ण!
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) August 19, 2022
Krishna Janmashtami is celebrated across the country today on Friday August 19 with great enthusiasm. The day is extremely significant as it is believed to mark the birth of Lord Krishna who is the eighth incarnation of Lord Vishnu according to Hindu mythology.
READ ALSO : Happy Krishna Janmashtami 2022 Wishes, Messages, Images, Quotes and WhatsApp Greetings in English and Hindi to share on Janmashtami
Events like Dahi Handi are popular ways to celebrate this occasion. Devotees also pray to the Lord on this day and seek His blessings.
READ ALSO : Happy Dahi Handi 2022: WhatsApp Wishes, Messages, Images, Quotes and Greetings in English and Hindi to share on Janmashtami
According to Hindu mythology, Krishna was the human incarnation of Lord Vishnu who was born to destroy the evil king of Mathura, Kansa. He was Krishna’s uncle who kept his mother Devaki and father Vasudev imprisoned for years. Lord Krishna is everyone’s favorite and hence devotees celebrate with great enthusiasm and fervor.
KRISHNA JANMASHTAMI: HISTORY AND SIGNIFICANCE
Shri Krishna, a Hindu god, was born in Mathura during the month Bhadrapada, on the date of Ashtami which falls in August or September. Janmashtami is celebrated with great pomp to mark his birth. Lord Krishna’s uncle Kansa had imprisoned his parents Vasudev and Devaki after learning that Devaki’s eighth son would be the cause of his death.
When Shri Krishna was born, Vasudev managed to escape from prison and left him with Yashodha and Nanda Baba who lived in Gokul. Since loving butter in childhood, Dahi Handi is practiced across the country on this special day. In this case, a handi (pot) full of butter is tied to a height with a rope. Groups of people form a pyramid-like structure to reach the top and smash the pot to release the butter.
Krishna Janmashtami: Puja Vidhi
- To worship Lord Krishna on this auspicious day, wake up early in the morning and observe a fast for the whole day.
- After taking a bath yourself, bathe the god idol with Gangajal and milk.
- Also, light a diya in your home temple.
- As you wear new clothes yourself, make the idol also wear new clothes.
- Decorate the idol with peacock crown, flute, Vaijayanti garland, Tulsi Dal and Kundal.
- Garnish Laddu Gopal’s swing with flower garlands and offer him kheer, fruits, flowers, Makhan Mishri, sweets and nuts.
- Worship the lord with incense sticks.
- This pooja has more significance if done at night.
- At midnight, swing the swing of Shri Krishna and sing aartis.
- When the worship is over, distribute the prasad to everyone.
Read it Recent news and recent news here